Here is the chocolate chip cookie recipe from the back of a bag of Log House Baking Chips.
2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour, unsifted
1 tsb Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Butter, softned
3/4 cup of sugar
34 cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 tsp. Vanilla Exract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12oz) Log House Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Here are the changes I made:
- Added a little bit more Baking Soda
- Used a 80/20 ratio of Canola Oil to Smart Balance margarine for a cup
- Split the sugar up between white sugar and raw sugar. 1/4 cup white and 2/4 raw sugar
- replaced 2 large eggs with 1 banana. The only bananas in the house were in the freezer so I left them thaw.
- While I didn't do it this time but next time only 1.5 cups of chocolate chips. Way too many chips in my recipe.
This is the great part! It tasted amazing! Just a hint of banana - I thought it would taste stronger. Just like regular chocolate chip cookies it had a softer interior while still maintaining its form. It even rised the same. Now if this is from the little extra baking soda that I added I do not know. I also don't know what if any of these changes, outside of the banana, truly made a difference.
I didn't intentionally want to make it with banana but I also didn't want to buy some expensive eggs using expensive gas to get to the store. Next time, I probably will use all Canola Oil and maybe try it with all raw sugar with no brown sugar.